Wednesday, July 24, 2013 by aiyqosim
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
الحمد لله رب العالمين و الصلاة و السام على رسول لله و على آله
1. It has been almost a week since my last presence in Prof. Hussein Khairy's general surgery lecture. I guess my body clock just got messed up. Tarawih ends at about 10 pm every night (plus moreh and stuffs hehe), and sahoor is at 2.30 am. Can't help not to fall asleep few hours after fajr prayer.
2. Alhamdulillah today, I've managed to attend the lecture, although few minutes late. Exactly 4 months from now, we will be sitting in the grand examination hall, filling in exam papers. And it will be the grand finale of Medical degree.
3. I still got about few thousands of pages to cover, honestly speaking. Motivation is almost at its lowest level, and my friends are leaving Egypt one by one, day by day. Adding to the list the tense local political crisis here, this Ramadhan and summer holiday will surely be an unforgettable one.
4. While I'm still figuring out the best strategy to face the exam, I remember what Prof. Hussein used to mention before in one of his lecture. The art of filling gaps.
5. Well, you don't need to study everything by hard. You just have to be conscious and fill your gap. Surely there are many things that you've already know. So discover your gaps and put more stress on it. By that, you'll cover pretty much everything.
6. And the best way to discover your gap is to do thing for the first time. Exactly! I'll never know my gap unless I start discovering it by myself. I just have to start reading, read, read and read. 3 months reading books? Yeah I guess so. Hopefully it will work that way. After all, medicine is all about books and exams, isn't it?
7. By the barakah of this holy Month, Ramadhan Al-Mubarak, may Allah give us strength to be consistent in our jihad. Ameen.
Happy Ramadhan everyone!
والحمد لله رب العالمين
Filling The Gap